Data Conversion Developer (PeopleSoft)
Custom Software Systems, Inc. (CSS) is seeking a Data Conversion Developer who will perform conversion development and unit testing for a large-scale project. He or she will participate in development, integration and deployment of solutions. This role is responsible for developing coding based on design specifications, existing modules, and direction from technical lead, including initial set up of development environment and documenting prototype and final solution. The Data Conversion Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and supporting application solutions and re-engineered components based on client requirements. He or she will perform business and technical designer functions, including making contributions to business and technical architecture components of the enterprise solution.
- Provide hands-on technical solutions to business challenges & translates them into process/technical solutions
- Create, update and edit functional and technical design specifications and solutions to satisfy project requirement
- Responsible for the design, development and delivery of one or more PeopleSoft application development components, including: reports, interfaces, conversions, and implementation of custom solutions
- Interpret requirements, perform highly complex analyses and presents options and recommendations to obtain desired results
- Design, plan, test and implement remediation’s which meet functional and technical specifications of a large PeopleSoft HR application
- Conduct Unit testing and resolve issues found in testing
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple, dynamic priorities
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated experience working in a team-oriented environment
- 6+ years of overall technical experience in system design, project development and production support of large applications/systems
- 4+ years of PeopleSoft experience with a minimum of 2 years of ETL/data conversion experience
- Experience in drafting technical design specifications and test plans for application modifications or customization's
- Experience with one or more PeopleTools such as Application Designer, Application Engine, PeopleCode, Application Packages, Component Interfaces, SQR, and Query
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a strong focus on customer service and solution ownership.Must have strong analytical skills and can demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner and success working in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Ability to obtain Security+ Certification
- An interim Secret Clearance (or higher clearance) with DOD is required
• Experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.x
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree
About Custom Software Systems, Inc.
Headquartered in Leesburg, Virginia, Custom Software Systems, Inc. (CSS) is a Woman-Owned (WOSB) and HUBZone certified small business. Built on a foundation of trusted client partnerships, CSS has fostered a stakeholder-centric yet disciplined approach to IT solutions development. This ensures our ability to consistently meet or exceed our customers' expectations.
CSS is a very employee oriented company knowing that well trained, professional associates are what make our company great. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: paid holidays and paid time off; medical insurance that includes vision; dental insurance; company paid long and short-term disability and life insurance; a Simple IRA plan (similar to 401k); parking and commuter reimbursement. We also work with our employees on training and professional certification plans that benefit the employee, the client and CSS - a win-win-win strategy.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
CSS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CSS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CSS employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.