Senior .NET C# and SQL Developer
Custom Software Systems, Inc. (CSS) is seeking a Senior Level .NET C# and SQL Developer with more than seven (7) years of proven experience in designing, developing, and maintaining complex systems on the .NET platform using SQL Server as the backend database. Specific responsibilities include designing, developing, maintaining, and releasing web applications in accordance to the clients IT’s System Development Methodology (SDM) and best coding practices. Experience developing and architecting web applications with, Web API, Angular, and JQuery is required. The candidate will be working onsite (8 hours per day or 40 hours per week), developing applications using .NET framework
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Seven (7) years of proven experience in designing, developing, and maintaining complex systems on the .NET platform using SQL Server as the backend database
- Experience designing and developing service-oriented web applications using ASP.NET MVC, C#, Entity Framework, Web API, REST, JQuery, LINQ, HTML 5, CSS3, and Angular
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server and SQL Server 2016
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for both .NET and SQL code
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience mentoring junior programmers
- Experience with reporting tools concepts
- Experience with multiple SDLC models, particularly Agile methodologies, is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
About Custom Software Systems, Inc.
Headquartered in Leesburg, Virginia, Custom Software Systems, Inc. (CSS) is a Woman-Owned (WOSB) and HUBZone certified small business. Built on a foundation of trusted client partnerships, CSS has fostered a stakeholder-centric yet disciplined approach to IT solutions development. This ensures our ability to consistently meet or exceed our customers' expectations.
CSS is a very employee oriented company knowing that well trained, professional associates are what make our company great. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: paid holidays and paid time off; medical insurance that includes vision; dental insurance; company paid long and short-term disability and life insurance; a Simple IRA plan (similar to 401k); parking and commuter reimbursement. We also work with our employees on training and professional certification plans that benefit the employee, the client and CSS - a win-win-win strategy.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
CSS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CSS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CSS employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.